Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program (TEA)
of the Bureau of Educational & Cultural Affairs (ECA),
Department of State, and implemented by IREX & U.S. Embassy, Tbilisi,
The U.S. Department of State and IREX (the International Research & Exchanges Board) announce an open
competition for a program that will bring outstanding secondary-level school teachers to the U.S. for a professional development opportunity. TEA seeks to:
- Enhance teachers' expertise in their teaching discipline and equip them with a deeper understanding of best practices in teaching methodologies, lesson planning, and the use of technology in teaching.
- Create among educators a more nuanced understanding of the U.S.
- Develop productive and lasting relationships and mutual understanding between U.S. and international teachers and their students.
- Contribute to improving teaching in participating countries by preparing participants to serve as teacher leaders, who upon returning home will apply and share their experience and skills with their peers and students.
Eligible Teaching Disciplines for TEA are:
- English as a Foreign Language,
- Social Sciences (social studies, civics, history, or geography)
- Mathematics and Science
- Be secondary school-level, full-time teachers with five or more years of classroom experience in TEA teaching disciplines: EFL, Social Studies, Mathematics, or Science;
- Be citizens of and residents in Georgia;
- Have proficiency in written and spoken English;
- Continue teaching after completion of the program;
- Submit a complete application.
DEADLINE for application submission to U.S. Embassy is March 25, 2011.
For TEA application and detailed information on the program, please find attached documents.
- Download Application Form (PDF 587 KB)
- Download Announcement (PDF 129 KB)
- Download FY11 Reference & Institutional Support TEA Final (PDF 191 KB)
return completed applications to:
Sophie Bzishvili, Educational and Professional Programs Coordinator,
Public Affairs Section, U.S. Embassy
11 George Balanchine St., 0131, Tbilisi, Georgia
Tel: (995 32) 27 71 47; Fax: (995 32) 27 77 15
Note: Applications are also available on-line at:
www.irex.org or georgia.usembassy.gov
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.